DOING BUSINESS IN THE VICTOR HARBOR MAINSTREET
The City of Victor Harbor is committed to supporting the Victor Harbor Mainstreet Precinct Program with the intended purpose to promote and support the commercial activity generated in the precinct; and ensure future growth that encourages new business opportunities and activation of the precinct area.
Please find information below that is relevant for Mainstreet Traders or anyone interested in opening or purchasing a business in the precinct. If you have any other business or trader related questions, please contact the Mainstreet Coordinator, Tiffany Bennett on email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (0404 870 064).
OUTSIDE DINING / STREET TRADING
If your business would like to have Outside Dining or Street Trading displays, you will be required to apply for a Outdoor Dining and Street Traders Permit through the City of Victor Harbor.
The major annual events that are held in the Victor Harbor Mainstreet Precinct are currently:
- Victor Harbor Rock 'N' Roll Festival in September - street closures (run by the City of Victor Harbor)
- Rotary Victor Harbor Christmas Pageant in December - street closures (run by Victor Harbor & Encounter Bay Rotary Clubs)
Other popular events that are held in the Mainstreet Precinct area:
- Mainstreet Easter Hunt & Easter celebrations (all traders are invited to participate)
- Santa's Cave (hosted in a mainstreet business for 3 or 4 days and organised by City of Victor Harbor)
- Victor Harbor Artisan Market (2 markets held on Warland Reserve every year run by City of Victor Harbor & Artisan Market Committee)
- Victor Harbor Farmer's Market (every Saturday from 8am to 12:30pm held on Grosvenor Gardens and run by VH Farmers Market Committee)
If you are a business or organisation who is interested in running an event in the Mainstreet Precinct, please contact the Mainstreet Coordinator.
MAINSTREET UPGRADE - STAGE 2
STAGE 2 WORKS ARE CURRENTLY UNDERWAY AND DUE TO FINISH IN SEPTEMBER 2019
Please see Mainstreet Precinct Upgrade page for the Master Plan and Design Information - click here
Mainstreet Precinct traders are encouraged to add their email to the database to receive regular emails from the Mainstreet Coordinator keeping them up to date with news, local events and business related information.
There is also a private Victor Harbor Mainstreet Traders Facebook group that all traders are invited to join. This group gives traders the opportunity to share their own news, specials etc with the other traders in the group.
BUSINESS VICTOR HARBOR
MAINSTREET TRADER COMMITTEE
Business Victor Harbor formed the Mainstreet Trader Committee in 2017 and all traders are invited to be part of this committee. The committee meets once a month to discuss and plan trader driven initiatives and events.
Chair: Richard Foggo (Happy Rugs / Richard Foggo for Finance)
Secretary: Julie Sexton (The Joyful Buddhas)